Monday, March 17, 2008

Geocaching Madness

So, what was I doing in the coldest day of January? Curled beneath a nice warm blanket in front of a roaring fire? Nope! I was outside with my crazy friends geocaching.

This particular geocaching escapade took place after Lindy & Balboa dance weekend in Dayton, OH. A little punchy after 2 days of workshops, Valerie & Darren led us on a wild trek near the Mad River and Dayton Mall to find a bazillion caches on the coldest day of the year. It was very fun. And COLD!

For years, I've had a little bit of a bias against geocaching. My first real exposure to it, was a geocache that was located on a Nature Conservancy preserve, and reaching it involved rappelling (against TNC rules on our preserves) down a cliff that was populated with an rare plant.

However, I've gotten over it. Mostly because geocaching is way fun! And silly! And requires a little sneakiness. :)



(This post has been hiding out in my drafts since January. Thought I'd finally finish it and get it out here)

No comments: