Friday, October 5, 2007

Weird Yard Art

So, I was inspired by weird yard art to finally start my blog. Invariably, in my travels, I feel compelled to seek out these goofy things such as 75 foot tall catsup bottles, man-eating spiders, giant pink plastic elephants, and pumpkin eating dinosaurs.

This lovely bit of weird yard art was at a roadside pumpkin stand in Ohio, near Cowen Lake State Park. This was a last minute trip that Doug & I went on last weekend, to break in our new bikes on Ohio's fabulous bike-hike trails. We started out with a quick 12 mile trip along the Little Miami on Saturday evening. On Sunday, we started out at the Xenia Station hub and made a 33 mile round trip (turning around just north of Yellow Springs).

More weird yard art & roadside attractions in upcoming posts. Also, I will wax poetic about my new love affair with my shiny new bike!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: